- Conservative dissent is brewing inside the Vatican: Yet as he upends church convention, Francis also is grappling with a conservative backlash to the liberal momentum building inside the church. In more than a dozen interviews, including with seven senior church officials, insiders say the change has left the hierarchy more polarized over the direction of the church than at any point since the great papal reformers of the 1960s. (Washington Post)
- Stop Universities from Hoarding Money: Who do you think received more cash from Yale’s endowment last year: Yale students, or the private equity fund managers hired to invest the university’s money? (New York Times)
- Assisted dying is the equivalent of a zero-hours contract with life: Let’s not pretend this ‘personal choice’ is unaffected by wider economic realities. Our rapidly expanding elderly population means the poor and vulnerable will come under increasing pressure ‘to quit this life’. (The Guardian)
- Pastor-scholar? Not likely…This is a term I’m starting to feel a little suspicious about, especially if the words “pastor” and “scholar” are not going to be diluted regarding their meaning or compromised regarding the quality demanded of each “job”. (Reformation21)
- Pastor outed on Ashley Madison Commits Suicide. Let’s remember that there are real people involved in these stories.
Just for Fun
- 45 Hilarious Lies Parents Tell Their Kids. We never actually lied to our kids about batteries; we simply failed to inform them that batteries could be replaced!