- 7 facts about atheists: Estimating the number of atheists in the U.S. is complicated….But one thing is for sure: Along with the rise of religiously unaffiliated Americans (many of whom believe in God), there has been a corresponding increase in the number of atheists. Here are a few facts about this group and their beliefs (Pew Research)
- Stressed, Tired, Rushed: A Portrait of the Modern Family: This is not an individual problem, it is a social problem,” said Mary Blair-Loy, a sociologist and the founding director of the Center for Research on Gender in the Professions at the University of California, San Diego. “This is creating a stress for working parents that is affecting life at home and for children, and we need a societal-wide response. (New York Times)
- Nominal Christians are becoming more secular, and that’s creating a startling change for the U.S.: There are big and important shifts here. In navigating the new religious environment, Christians must recognize three trends that may change the way they see the culture. (Washington Post)
- People’s Deepest, Darkest Google Searches Are Being Used Against Them: Google knows the questions that people wouldn’t dare ask aloud, and it silently offers reams of answers. But it is a mistake to think of a search engine as an oracle for anonymous queries. It isn’t. Not even close. (The Atlantic)
Just for fun
- 21 Offbeat Holidays You Can Celebrate in November. Sadly, I’ve already missed Cliche Day and Sandwich Day, both of which are well worth celebrating. But I can still set some time aside for Pumpkin Destruction Day, Unfriend Day, and Stay Home Because You’re Well Day.