- Liberation theology, once reviled by church, now embraced by pope: Is Pope Francis some kind of communist? Is he anti-American? Why is he so down on the wealth-creating engine that is global capitalism? The answer to all those questions is to be found in an understanding of his relationship to liberation theology, a movement that blossomed in Latin America in the 1960s and ’70s, when the man who was to become Pope Francis was being formed. (Aljazeera)
- The Black Church: A Necessary Refuge: I learned at age five that many US churches are unsafe for black people. (Christianity Today)
- How TV Can Make Kids Better Readers: Is technology the best thing that ever happened to education? Or a silent killer of children’s attention spans and love of learning? (NPR)
- Did the Early Church Teach ‘Faith Alone’? In the writings of the earliest Christians we do not find many references to justification…but the evidence we do have supports the notion that most early church fathers understood justification forensically.” (Zondervan)
Just for Fun
- 22 Outlawed Baby Names From Around the World. Sex Fruit? Really?