- What Happens When Character Matters Less than Talent? If you look at some of the celebrity pastors who have recently fallen you can see a pattern. They had obvious talents and gifts and passion, but there were a few questions about character. But we let some of those character issues slide in the hopes that character would eventually catch up with the talents. (Mike Leake)
- ‘A danger to wives and daughters’: Petition to boycott Target over transgender-inclusive bathrooms claims growing support: An online petition by the American Family Association calling for a boycott of Target reached more than 650,000 signatures early Tuesday morning and was growing by the minute. It was created in response to a statement on Target’s website last Tuesday stating that individuals could use the retail giant’s bathrooms and fitting rooms that correspond with their gender identities. (Washington Post)
- Inside the Popular, Controversial Bethel Church: When I set out for Bethel Church—a hub of a global revival movement—I half-expected to discover a rogue organization of hucksters intent on subverting the faith. And I half-expected to discover a community of believers more earnest and devoted to God than anyone I’d ever met. In the end, what I discovered in Redding, California, didn’t fit either narrative neatly. (Christianity Today)
- A Note to Ph.D. Students: Here’s What We Are Really Looking for in a Job Interview: Given that I have sat on both sides of the interview table–as both candidate looking for a post, and as President or Academic Dean looking to fill a post–I thought I might offer a few reflections on the interview process. In particular, I want to help candidates know what we are really looking for in a potential professor. (Canon Fodder)
Just for Fun
- Jimmy Fallon and Ariana Grande have the best conversation you’ll hear all day.