- Common Misconceptions about Calvinism: My intent in this blog post is not to try to convince anyone to adopt a Calvinistic theology. Instead, my goal is to make sure we all understand what it is we are choosing to accept or reject, before we choose to accept or reject it. (Cole Brown)
- Is Your Church a Safe Place for People with Same Sex Attraction? If you want your church to be a safe place for those with same sex attraction (SSA), then step one is to realize that we already have church members who experience it. Just like those who are dealing with any other struggle, we should thank God for bringing them to our churches, and ask God to help us serve them well. (J.D. Greear)
- When Religious Groups Do What the Government Won’t: By law, groups that receive money from the government to perform government services aren’t allowed to use that money to preach or proselytize….But in states like Arkansas, where taxes are low and the government doesn’t have the the motivation or support to run very much programming for the poor, it’s the faith-based groups who are providing essential services that might otherwise fall by the wayside. People in need of help are left with a choice: They can get help from faith-based organizations, or they can get no help at all. (The Atlantic)
- Why Hospitality Beats Entertaining: Entertaining is always thinking about the next course. Hospitality burns the rolls because it was listening to a story. Entertaining obsesses over what went wrong. Hospitality savors what was shared. Entertaining, exhausted, says “It was nothing, really!” Hospitality thinks it was nothing. Really. Entertaining seeks to impress. Hospitality seeks to bless. (Jen Wilkins)
Just for Fun
- It’s oddly interesting to watch the first and last frames of famous TV shows.