- Four Modern Versions of the Bible that Are Ruining the Bible: the commercialization of scripture has also given us four iterations of the modern Bible — which I believe are causing us to value the Bible less and read it less. (On Faith)
- On-the-Job Training Isn’t Working: The on-the-job training of pastors and other faith leaders in preventing and responding to child sexual abuse isn’t working – it is dangerous and all too often has devastating consequences. (Boz Tchividjian)
- Pastors, You Make Your Own Sandwiches: I would be the first to amen the confession blogs, as I am overworked, often discouraged, and take everything in the church personally. But the reality is, I make my own sandwich. My church isn’t to blame, I am. My schedule isn’t to blame, I am. It’s a sandwich I made, and instead of complaining and chomping through it, I want to find joy in it. (Gospel Coalition)
- Mixing Soul Medicines: These days, though, the relationship between secular shrinks and old-time faith isn’t usually as hostile or mutually exclusive in practice as these battle-cries would suggest. Both in academic scholarship and the everyday experience of people who need help or provide it, the two worlds seem to be overlapping more and more. (The Economist)
Just for Fun
- When its owners try to wake it up at 3:30am, this lab perfectly expresses how I feel many mornings.