- Is College Worth It? Clearly, New Data Say: The pay gap between college graduates and everyone else reached a record high last year….Americans with four-year college degrees made 98 percent more an hour on average in 2013 than people without a degree. That’s up from 89 percent five years earlier, 85 percent a decade earlier and 64 percent in the early 1980s. (New York Times)
- Five Reasons Why Most Southern Baptist Churches Baptize Almost No Millennials: And according to a recent report by a special task force of pastors, the baptism drought in America’s largest evangelical denomination—which counts 15.7 million members and 5.8 million Sunday worshipers—is worst among millennials. (Christianity Today)
- Why Agnosticism Probably Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means: Agnostics are often characterized as ambivalent or wishy-washy fence sitters who refuse to make up their minds. But there’s much more to agnosticism than these tired misconceptions, including a stricter adherence to scientific principles than those typically invoked by atheists. (io9)
- Church-State Clash in China Coalesces Around a Toppled Spire: the government aims to regulate “excessive religious sites” and “overly popular” religious activities, but it specifies only one religion, Christianity, and one symbol, crosses. (New York Times)
Just for Fun
- Possibly the best performance of the Star Wars theme song ever!