- World Vision: Why We’re Hiring Gay Christians in Same-Sex Marriages: I’m sure you’ve already heard about World Vision’s decision. So here’s a short roundup of just some of the more significant responses: Denny Burk, Kevin DeYoung, Rachel Held Evans, Jen Hatmaker, Al Mohler, Russell Moore, John Piper, Matthew Paul Turner, and Trevin Wax.
- Why churches should brace for a mass exodus of the faithful: I think it’s likely that over the coming years these churches are going to confront a stark choice: Reform themselves in light of equality or watch their parishioners opt for the exits. In droves. (The Week)
- Jesus Ate with Sinners: Jesus’s table fellowship with sinners looked suspicious from the outside, but those who were there knew that kingdom activity was going on. Those intent on purity and cleanness, who live with an us-versus-them mentality, should think that we are drunkards and gluttons! But the broken sinners should know that we are people of grace and compassion. (Andy Holt)
- Get Ready for Generation X to Take the Reins: They’re more pragmatic than the boomers, and less idealistic overall. But unlike the millennials, they haven’t rejected either large institutions (political parties and organized religion) or capitalism. More than the “slacker” stereotype, many Gen Xers were aspiring “yuppies” who saw movies like “St. Elmo’s Fire” and “Wall Street” and thought about how they might make money and acquire power in a world that no longer promised each generation a better life. (US News)
Just for Fun
- You may have already seen penguins trying to step over a rope, but have you seen it translated?