- Why are Millennials less religious? It’s not just because of gay marriage: Among those who have abandoned their childhood religion and are now religiously unaffiliated, one quarter say anti-gay teachings factored into their decision to go faithless. Among Millennials in the religious turned irreligious camp, almost one third said the same. At first blush, that would appear to suggest clear causation….But while there is certainly a link between the two, it is an overly simplistic analysis that glosses over a host of reasons that Americans — and particularly younger ones — are losing their religion. (The Week)
- How iTunes Radio Is Bad for Your Soul: One overlooked spiritual consequence of our noise addiction is a failure to hear spontaneous sounds. By tightly controlling and curating what we hear, we may block out everything else and muffle the God-messages sewn throughout the fabric of the world. (Jonathan Merritt)
- America’s Angriest Store: Whole Foods tries to bring to market the best products an area’s surrounding farms and suppliers have to offer, in a socially conscious way with high-touch customer service at the point of sale. Yet in doing so, they’ve brought out the worst in the people who are attracted to that idea. (Medium)
- How to Debate a Christian Apologist: This one is rather painful to read, but it’s a good summary of some common responses to common Christian arguments. They’re not necessarily good arguments, but they are common. (HuffPo)
- Kindle Deal: Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City by Tim Keller. $2.99.
- Free eBook: Bonhoeffer for Armchair Theologians from Logos.
- I have to say that 3-D tattoos are creepy
Just for Fun
- Movie lovers will appreciate this supercut of 1001 movies you should see before you die.