- Rape Culture is Everywhere – Watch Your Favorite Sitcoms Prove it: Among the most common places rape culture hides is in comedy. Rape jokes may seem innocuous, but when they’re told over and over again on mainstream television, there’s nothing benign about them. (PolicyMic)
- Why Millennials Long for Liturgy: The millennial generation is seeking a holistic, honest, yet mysterious truth that their current churches cannot provide. Where they search will have large implications for the future of Christianity. Protestant churches that want to preserve their youth membership may have to develop a greater openness toward the treasures of the past. One thing seems certain: this “sacramental yearning” will not go away. (American Conservative) (BTW – You may also want to check out Are Millennials Joining High Church Traditions?)
- The New Age of Christian Martyrdom: Lions have been replaced by firing squads and concentration camps as record numbers of Jesus’ worshipers are persecuted from Syria to North Korea. (The Daily Beast)
- Why Am I Not Poor?: I met men and women who were remarkably hard working, determined, and focused. I spent time with women who cared for their families and also worked at other jobs from before sun up until dark. I encountered people who were intelligent, entrepreneurial, and absolutely ingenious at overcoming obstacles. And despite all of these attributes, they were still numbingly poor. (Christianity Today)
- I’ve never spent any time in a wheelchair, so I could be wrong. But this new device looks pretty amazing to me!
Just for Fun
- This fabulous trailer for the new Muppet movie promotes the movie by using terrible internet comments, awful grammar and all. Well done.