- Seven Trends in Church New Member Classes: The number of churches requiring a membership class has increased 400 percent in 15 years! That is one of seven key trends we see today in new member classes. Let’s look at all seven. (Thom Rainer)
- Batkid: A Heartwarming, Very 2013 Story: In everyday life—the life that can be all too nonfictional—the Batkid is named Miles. He is 5 years old. He lives, with his family, near San Francisco. He has been battling leukemia since he was nearly 2. He is, and hopefully will remain, in remission. (The Atlantic)
- Which of the 11 American nations do you live in?: North America can be broken neatly into 11 separate nation-states, where dominant cultures explain our voting behaviors and attitudes toward everything from social issues to the role of government. (Washington Post)
- Generous Leadership vs. Closed Leadership: As Christian leaders, we can easily fall into the trap of becoming fearfully overprotective of what God has entrusted to us. But rather than letting our leadership become closed and defensive, we need to strive for generous leadership that keeps us trusting Jesus. (Resurgence)
Just for Fun
- This stop-motion video of animals made by folding tissue is impressive.