- We Need Two Kinds of Truth: Why I Don’t Want Science or Religion to Win: I think we need both kinds of truth. I think we need both kinds of world views to the extent that scientists can help with that realization of a dual ways of finding answers to the appropriate kinds of questions that each world view can ask, then I think that would be a good thing.
- The Surprise Inside Church Bankruptcies: It’s not that they owe more than they own, says Pamela Foohey. It’s a leadership failure. (Christianity Today)
- Your Smartphone Has Officially Hijacked Your Life: We are all one-marshmallow OCD narcissists, granted by our devices the magic of comprehensive instant gratification, of self-reinforcing world views, of control over the daily minutia of our fates and fortunes. To not be irrevocably addicted to our smartphones would be senseless. (Slate)
- Are there really 100,000 new Christian martyrs every year? It’s often claimed that 100,000 Christians are killed every year because of their religion. Earlier this year, the Vatican called it a credible number. But is it? (BBC)
- 13 Facts About IKEA That Will Blow Your Mind. IKEA uses 1% of the world’s commercial wood supply each year!
Just for Fun
- Cutest trick play ever.