- Is youth ministry killing the church? The young people at my current congregation—a church that many families would never join because “it doesn’t have anything for youth”—are far more likely to remain connected to the faith and become active church members as adults, because that’s what they already are and always have been. (Christian Century)
- ‘Happy’ Reformation Day? Of course, the recovery and foregrounding of crucial gospel truths should be remembered…but is Reformation Day not as much a time to mourn our divisions, to fast and pray that all who are baptised in the triune Name may together confess one Lord, one faith, and one gospel, and share one Eucharist around one table? (Steve Holmes)
- Study Theology, Even If You Don’t Believe in God: This lost liberal art encourages scholars to understand history from the inside out. (The Atlantic)
- How Monsters Point Us to God: Our uncanny fears tell us about ourselves, and are signs of something more. (Christianity Today)
- Forbes has released its annual list of the Most Powerful People in the World.
- Your iPod (Most Likely) Won’t Bring Down the Plane. Oh sure, now that I’m flying less, they finally change the stupid rule.
Just for Fun
- The Honest Movie Trailer guys are at it again, this time with a trailer for Thor – or, as they call it, the movie that only exists so non-nerds will recognize the blonde buy in the Avengers.