- The Bible Paradox: Nearly 80 percent of all Americans think the Bible is either literally true or is the inspired word of God. And yet, most Americans have no idea what is actually in the Bible. (The Big Think)
- Evangelical Leader Preaches Pullback From Politics, Culture Wars: Russell Moore of the Southern Baptist Convention says it is time for evangelicals to tone down the rhetoric. (Wall Street Journal)
- How does a pastor wisely seek change in his church? Pastors who walk into existing churches are quickly burdened by needed changes to improve the church. Where the challenge is for most of us is when and how those changes need to be brought. If you are wondering how to choose those battles wisely, first receive this most excellent counsel I received as I entered my first Senior Pastor position at a church clearly needing change and revitalization. (Practical Shepherding)
- The death of the academic book and the path to Open Access: This one was a bit alarmist, but still an interesting read about academic publishing.
- Kindle Deals: Tom Schreiner’s Magnifying God in Christ: A Summary of New Testament Theology ($3.99) and Kelly Kapic’s A Little Book for New Theologians: Why and How to Study Theology ($0.99).
Just for Fun
- So that’s why my video sometimes takes so long to load.