- Three Things I Need to Say: I stopped seeing the church as a place where God invites us to serve one another and instead commenced to critique it through a me-centered, consumerist standard against which no institution comprised of human beings could measure up.
- Syria explained: How it became a religious war: How did Syria go from an internal uprising to a wider clash drawing funding and fighters from across the region? In a word, Middle East experts say, religion.
- The One Shortcut That Exists in Life: mentorship is the one and only shortcut that exists in life. And the reason is if you find the right mentor for whatever field you’re in, they’ve made mistakes in life and they learned from them. They can steer you away from the kinds of mistakes that are going to make you waste a year or two of your life.
- How to Read Way More Books (And, Thus, Know Way More Stuff): While many problems are new to 2013–what, exactly, is twerking?–most are quite old, like having a meaningful career or being able to do your best work. So if we want to be able to address our various ignorances, we need to hack our days to get more knowledge–which is another way of saying read a ton of books.
- Kindle Deal: A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life by Joel R. Beeke. $9.99