- How to Get the Most from Reading the Bible: 9 Tips, Tricks, and Reminders: My hope and prayer is that today, Scripture will pop off the page in a fresh way. That the wonders of Scripture will leave you breathless and wanting more of Christ. That you’ll spend time digging in God’s word and be wonderstruck by God. (Margaret Feinberg)
- The Gender Wage Gap Lie: The point here is not that there is no wage inequality. But by focusing our outrage into a tidy, misleading statistic we’ve missed the actual challenges. (Slate)
- A bivocational minister warns against bivocational ministry: I am bi-vocational. I love it. I feel called to it. I know what people say in support of it. I know that many of our African American and immigrant pastors have been bi-vocational for a long time. But I want to raise a red flag against the model as a path to our vital future, for the following reasons. (The Christian Century)
- How the Seeker-Sensitive, Consumer Church Is Failing a Generation: The millennial generation’s much-talked-about departure from church might lead those of us over 30 to conclude that they have little interest in Jesus. Nothing could be further from the truth. (Her·meneutics)
- Kindle Deal: Blood Work by Anthony Carter. Free
- In case you’re in the market for a new house, you might like to know that Scottish Castles Are Cheaper than New York Apartments.
Just for Fun
- Around The World In 29 Sandwiches. Bread + things in bread = the universal language.