- Race Equality Is Still a Work in Progress, Survey Finds: Though gaps in life expectancy and high school graduation rates have all but been eliminated, disparities in poverty and homeownership rates are about the same. Compared with five decades ago, imbalances in household income and wealth, marriage and incarceration rates have widened. (New York Times)
- Make the Bible Your Native Tongue: Our limitless access to prepackaged devotional, inspirational, and theological insights from others can unwittingly give us a BSL — Bible as a Second Language — status with God. But intimacy with him is better reached via a firsthand relationship through his word than through someone else’s translation of it on our behalf. (Desiring God)
- The Magic of Metaphor: What Children’s Minds Teach Us about the Evolution of the Imagination: children have a penchant for disarming clarity and experience reality in ways profoundly different from adults, in the process illuminating the workings of our own minds. (Brain Pickings)
- Spreading Literacy, Spreading Internet: Literacy has always been about more than just the ability to read.
- Kindle Deal: Paul’s Letter to the Romans (Pillar New Testament Commentary) by Colin Kruse. $2.99