- Conversation: Rodney Stark: Stark offers some interesting thoughts on the modern church, including the fact that religious membership is at an all-time high.
- Is the New Evangelical Liturgy Really an Improvement? What I am suggesting is that by no biblical or historical consideration can we conclude that the New Evangelical Liturgy is an improvement on the old liturgy.
- Guard Your Flock…Even from Other Christians: It may seem ironic, but some of the people from whom you have to most tenaciously guard your church are other believers. If you don’t, the focus of the ministry is to respond to the special interests of customer Christians. And, that means your ministry (and its boundaries) will be focused on keeping customers happy—and no boundaries will exist.
- Are You a Part-Time Churchgoer? You May Be Surprised: Recent statistics show that an increasing number of evangelicals who are firm in their faith are flabby in their practice of actually gathering with their brothers and sisters in worship. It’s the part-time syndrome, and it can sneak up on any of us.
- Kindle Deals: Theologians of the Baptist Tradition by Timothy George and David Dockery $2.99; How God Became King by N.T. Wright 3.99
- 4 Unusual Bible Translations. Klingon? Really?
- The Friendliest and Unfriendliest Cities in the World. Lots of US cities on the “unfriendly” list, with Newark, NJ coming in at #1.
Just for Fun
- You have to be pretty comfortable with yourself to create your own spoof video. That’s precisely what Mumfor & Sons did when they hired Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Ed Helms, and Will Forte to play them in their own music video.