- In the Beginning Was the Word; Now the Word Is on an App: For millions of readers around the world, a wildly successful free Bible app, YouVersion, is changing how, where and when they read the Bible.
- The Rise of the Christian Left in America: The religious right has been in decline for years. Can progressives build a new “moral majority”? (For another take on the same topic, check out Are Religious Progressives the Wave of the Future?)
- Eight Kinds of People Who Should Not Serve on a Church Board: Not everyone is qualified to serve on a church board and choosing the wrong people condemns the board to dishealth and frustration for years to come. It is easy to put someone on a board and hard to remove them.
- Gardens, Not Buildings: great projects, like great careers and relationships that last, are gardens. They are tended, they shift, they grow. They endure over time, gaining a personality and reflecting their environment. When something dies or fades away, we prune, replant and grow again.
- Having just moved to the midwest, I found this article interesting. Apparently lots of people have a hard time figuring out precisely where the “midwest” actually is.
Just for Fun
- 35 Essential Life Lessons We Can Learn From Animals. I’m a firm believer in the “When in doubt, frolic,” rule.