- You Talk Too Much. You Need to Listen For Content: Most people listen to win the interaction. “Where’s that one word in their response where I can pounce on it and I can crush you like a bug?” But when you have a dialogue with somebody who listens for content, they’re asking you clarifying questions. They’re interested in your content.
- 6 Pillars of a Christian View on Suffering: Ever since the ancient revolt, suffering has been woven, with perplexity and pain, into the fabric of human experience. We all live and move and have our being amid Eden’s wreckage. Affliction and evil—universal as they are real—haunt us, stalk us, plague us.
- What Does Preaching Do to Your Brain? Is it possible that pastors could use the findings of neuroscience to somehow alter their preaching and, in doing so, get the people in the pews to grasp the theological truths they are trying to communicate?
- The Six Types of Atheists: Two researchers at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga found that atheists and agnostics run the range from vocally anti-religious activists to nonbelievers who still observe some religious traditions.
- Kindle Deal: What Is the Gospel? by Greg Gilbert. $1.99.