- Why Pastors Should Blog: Pastoral ministry, rightly conceived as a Spirit-led vocation, begins with the personal development of a pastor. The Spirit’s vocational assignment for pastors includes the life of the mind. The pastor is first a Christian who is, like any other follower of Jesus Christ, committed to the deepening of the mind.
- 9 Things That Have Replaced Traditional Outreach in Churches: There is a direct connection between the demise of traditional outreach and the decreasing effectiveness of reaching the respective communities. Spending time in someone’s home was a highly effective connection that usually led to other relational opportunities. But, as noted, this type of outreach is highly problematic in most communities. What’s the solution?
- How secular is Europe? A tale of two cultures: Secularisation can be understood negatively or positively: as a move away from traditional levels of public and private participation in religion, or positively as the adoption of an alternative set of values and beliefs that owe nothing to religion.
- Reactions to the Trayvon Martin Case: Christianity Today has posted interesting responses to the verdict from Ed Stetzer, Bishop Gregory Brewer, and Victor Montalvo.
Just for Fun
- The Definitive Guide To The British Royal Succession. (I’m not entirely certain why so many people outside the UK are fascinated by the British royal family. But I still thought it was interesting to finally see how all the various family members are related to one another.)