- 10 Things Every Christian Should Know about Islam: Islam is a fast-growing religion, especially in the Western world. Christians increasingly need to be aware of Islam and, most importantly, how to engage its adherents with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here are 10 things I learned about Islam during my 20 years as a missionary in a Muslim-majority country.
- Church Thieves: Her last day on the job should not have involved handcuffs, but that’s the way it played out. The church secretary for a tall steeple church a small town was put in the backseat of the police car and taken away. Her crime? Stealing from the church.
- It’s too early to write off the lecture: For as long as the lecture is regarded as better than internet-based learning, it will survive on a substantial scale. And wherein lies its superiority? An interesting question. It is live. It is real. It is put on with you in mind, even if you are one of a large crowd. You experience it with other people. And, perhaps the clincher: it takes place in a university, bursting with life and interesting people who will inspire you in unexpected ways.
- Christian Monks Square Off at One of Jerusalem’s Holiest Sites: For centuries, six Christian sects have fought over the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. And they’re not afraid to come to blows to claim it. Meet the Muslim men tasked with keeping the peace.
- Kindle Deal: God’s Indwelling Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Old and New Testaments. $2.99
Just for Fun
- This is what it looks like when you put 128,000 firecrackers in a put pile and set all off at once.