- Beware of Beauty Overload: The Adaptive Eye of the Beholder: The harmful side effect for guys … is this: Real women … do not look as attractive once the mind has been calibrated to assume the centerfolds are normal. And for guys in relationships, exposure to beautiful photos undermines their feelings about the real flesh-and-blood women with whom their lives are actually intertwined.
- The New Theist: How William Lane Craig became Christian philosophy’s boldest apostle.
- Our fear of boredom is simply a fear of coming face to face with ourselves: Actually, I don’t think there is anything much wrong with a bit of boring now and again. No, I will go further. I think the experience of boring is good for us. But we now live in a culture that is pathologically fearful of being bored.
- 5 shocking facts about the painkiller ‘epidemic’ among women: The number of fatal prescription painkiller overdoses among women has risen fivefold since 1999, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Tuesday.
- Check out the Giant-Size Omnibus of Superpowers for an impressive visualization of 600 superpowers, many of which are rather random and unlikely to terrify your average villain much.
- 9 Horrifying Creatures That Are Real Life Vampires. This nature thing gets scarier every day.
Just for Fun
- Here’s a creative way of presenting 26 musical genres in one song.