- How to make a baby with 3 people’s DNA: The U.K. is slowly winding its way toward approving a controversial in vitro fertilization technique that combines three people’s DNA in one embryo — making what some journalists are calling a “three-parent baby.”
- The Gospel According to ‘Me‘: The booming self-help industry, not to mention the cash cow of New Age spirituality, has one message: be authentic! Charming as American optimism may be, its 21st-century incarnation as the search for authenticity deserves pause.
- How Not to Help Someone Who Is Hurting: We are in a cultural moment that is obsessed with FIXING. With magic diet and lifestyle changes that promise, when implemented, to make us a whole new, better person.
- A Catholic, a Baptist, and a Secular Humanist Walk Into a Soup Kitchen…: Why it’s important to examine the agendas and assumptions behind the idea that secularists aren’t committed to relief efforts.
- Here are some amazing photographs from the protests in Egypt.
- File this away in “the world is much scarier than I realized.” Apparently there’s a plant that eats sheep.
- 10 Body Parts You Could Do Without (You can’t get rid of the pinky toe or “This LIttle Piggy” wouldn’t have a good ending.)