The Digital World of Teens (infographic)

Here’s an interesting infographic summarizing stats on how teenagers use and perceive social media. Among the more interesting stats:

  • 21% say that they wish their parents spent less time on their cell phones and other devices. 
  • 43% wish they could unplug sometimes. That makes me think we need to do a better job helping them see that they can.
  • 88% of teens using social media say that they have witnessed people being mean or cruel on social networking sites. That means the other 12% just aren’t paying attention.
  • I love survey stats. Apparently 55% of teens ignore that kind of cruelty, but 86% sought advice from their parents about it. That means a fairly large number of teens managed to ignore the cruelty and get advice about it at the same time. Impressive.

HT David Murray

Comments

comments

One Response to “The Digital World of Teens (infographic)”

  1. federal criminal defense attorney May 2, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

    Might I just say that after finding The Digital World of Teens (infographic) | Everyday Theology on ocPortal,
    what a relief to find a person who seriously knows what they’re writing about on the web. You definitely grasp how to bring a problem to light and make it crucial. Many more people should really look at this and have an understanding of this perspective. I can’t believe you’re not more prevalent, because you most certainly possess the gift.

Leave a Reply:

Gravatar Image