- How to Procrastinate at Work: A Complete (Research-Based!) Guide: Here’s a great guide on how to procrastinate productively.
- The Reading Brain in the Digital Age: The Science of Paper versus Screens: E-readers and tablets are becoming more popular as such technologies improve, but research suggests that reading on paper still boasts unique advantages.
- Change or Die: Church is being reinvented. So are technology and education. And all for the same reasons.
- The Ever-Shrinking Role of Tenured College Professors: Once, being a college professor was a career. Today, it’s a gig.
- Kindle Deal: Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine by Gregg Allison ($5.99). This is an outstanding price on a great book.
- The newest edition of the “psychiatrist’s Bible” (e.g. the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM-V) will be out soon, adding several new disorders to the list of possible diagnoses, including things like Binge Eating Disorder, Skin-Picking Disorder, and Hypersexual Disorder.
Just for Fun
- Time-lapse videos are cool. But this “hyperlapse” video using images from Google’s street view is amazing. I’d love to see more of these.