- Sam Harris, the New Atheists, and anti-Muslim animus: A long overdue debate breaks out about whether rational atheism is being used as a cover for Islamophobia and US militarism.
- 7 Deadly Myths and 3 Inspired Truths About Book Editing: There’s never been a text written that didn’t need editing. By the time you’ve spent weeks, months, or years on a project, you can’t see the words any more. You can see the ideas — the concepts, arguments, plot, and characters — but not every word that’s on the page, or that isn’t, or where there are gaping holes in logic or jumps in style. An editor will. It’s what they’re paid to do.
- 9 Great Things Many Group Members Hate about Small Groups: Many group members have a love hate relationship with the group they’re in. In most instances this has nothing to do with the leader of the group or the makeup of the group. It has everything to do with those expectations that are necessary for a group to be a transformational entity in the group member’s life.
- The Atheist’s Dilemma: I don’t know when I first became a skeptic. It must have been around age 4, when my mother found me arguing with another child at a birthday party.
- What Does Your Writing Implement Say About You? In an age dominated by tech gadgets such as cellphones, a pen can still make a potent statement.
Just for Fun
- And, just because naked mole rats are awesome, here are some true facts about the naked mole rat.