- At evangelical colleges, a shifting attitude toward gay students: There has been a shift from rightness to fairness….There’s a real sense in which their institutional loyalty and their loyalty to theoretical morals and ethical choices are trumped by their peer relationships.
- The myths of happiness: Three books on how to attain it and what it means.
- The joys and rigours of converting to another religion: The diversity of the city [Toronto] encourages inter-religious marriages and exposure to a variety of faiths, the two most common reasons for taking the plunge. And mass immigration from around the world — including officially secular countries such as China — has also given organized religion a whole new audience to preach to.
- The Child, the Tablet and the Developing Mind: although some people might have opinions, no one has a true scientific understanding of what the future might hold for a generation raised on portable screens.
- Check out this pretty amazing 4-Billion-Pixel Panorama From Curiosity Rover.
Just for Fun
- What teachers sometimes think but almost never say out loud.