- Why Pope Francis Excites (Most) Evangelical Leaders: Pope Francis has drawn much attention for being the first pope to come from the ranks of the Americas and the Jesuits, as well as take the name Francis. But evangelical observers highlight other reasons for enthusiasm for yesterday’s precedent-setting election. (Also check out Running the Numbers behind Pope Francis’ Election.)
- Multisite Church: Come-and-Get or Come-and-Give? What about multisite churches? Let me say that I know some really bad ones… they fit all the stereotypes. But, I know some good ones, too. I’ve preached at several that were on mission, raising up leaders, and doing great ministry.
- Are Successful Women Really Less Likable Than Successful Men? Humans tend to be opposed to changes in the status quo until they are forced, through experience, to see that change isn’t such a big deal.
- God’s Love Supreme: The Arrival of Jazz as Christian Worship Music: Some American churches have brought improvised jazz into the sanctuary because of its prayerful, stirring power; others, because it attracts attendees who might otherwise skip church.
- California philosophy professor gets $5-million grant to study the afterlife.