- Is Smart Making Us Dumb? A revolution in technology is allowing previously inanimate objects—from cars to trash cans to teapots—to talk back to us and even guide our behavior. But how much control are we willing to give up?
- Why the Afterlife Bores Us: We’re glad we’re not going to hell or to oblivion. But most of our songs and sermon mentions are about that first few moments in heaven: when we see Jesus, when we’re reunited with our loved ones, and so on. It’s like the happy ending of the story. And that’s the problem.
- Debunking Megachurch Myths: Especially the One about Sheep Swapping: Some megachurches are not healthy environments….I think some are quite terrible and fulfill every stereotype out there. Yet, there are also some great ones, and for that I am thankful. I want to understand them more and, when possible, to encourage them on their journey.
- Why Pastors Should Read Over Their Heads: Very, very, very (did I say “very”) few pastors are called to engage in the highest levels of scholarship at the same time as pastoring a congregation. It’s just not possible, at least not for very long. But most pastors should still make it a point to jump into the deep end of the pool and get in over their heads once in awhile.
- Here’s the The Complete 2013 Oscar Winners List. And, in more important news, the last entry in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn Part 2 earned 7 Razzies and was voted worst movie of 2013.