- What Christians Should Seek in a College Education: You are paying for access to people. In this era, information is becoming very cheap. Sitting in your bedroom, you can access more books than you could ever read, more film than you could ever watch, and more well formed opinions than you could ever consider. What we need is community, informed community that will get to know us and help us learn.
- Where Have All the Babies Gone? More and more Americans are childless by choice. But what makes sense for the individual may spell disaster for the country as a whole.
- Stop Apologizing for What You Like to Read: The best way to take back power from people who want to make chatting about books into the worst parts of the most draconian high school English class ever is to let them know we don’t care. That we read not always to grow or learn or impress or define ourselves but once in a while, or even lots of the time, for the pleasure of the act.
- According to this Slate article, “Tilting your seat back on an airplane is pure evil. But so is installing seats that recline in the first place.” Amen.
Just for Fun
- What Women Really Think of Beards