- Pope Benedict Says He Will Resign: Citing advanced years and infirmity, Pope Benedict XVI stunned the Roman Catholic world on Monday by saying that he would resign on Feb. 28 after less than eight years in office, the first pope to do so in six centuries. (Also check out 9 Things You Should Know About Pope Benedict XVI.)
- Why Only Some Grammar Rules Are Breakable: Deviate too far from the “who died and made you king” rules, and your writing will look ignorant and amateurish. Deviate from the descriptive rules and you’re no longer writing English. But deviate from the aesthetic rules, and you end up either with a mess or with a masterpiece. Art is like that.
- The God of Job: A pastoral theology which has not grappled with the whirlwind and the speeches of the last part of Job is sub-biblical; and preaching which does not take these things into account is not biblical preaching.
- These United States of Crunk & Bible Studies: A Sentiment Analysis of Geocoded Tweets. The goal was to determine the mood of a county’s population, whether they were tweeting more about getting drunk or going to bible study.
Just for Fun
- You do not want to play paintball with this guy. (You may not want to play paintball at all, but you’ll still like the video.)