- Foolishness!: It is perhaps fair to say that most believers do not quite realize the outrageous character of these most basic and taken-for-granted hallmarks of Christianity….Irrespective of whether they are true or not, these are surely among the wildest and most monstrous claims ever proposed in human history….Yet somehow, in the course of nearly 2,000 years, these claims have become so familiar, so tamed and domesticated, as to seem hardly worthy of comment, let alone wonder or puzzlement, among the great majority of those who profess them.
- The Zombie Apocalypse: Why are we fascinated with the walking dead who want to eat us?
- A Brief History of Nerds in Pop Culture: In news that is not actually news, nerds are no longer the shameful outsiders of society, they are celebrated and treated like exotic zoo animals, adorable and mystical and called fake by other exotic zoo animals. But how did this happen?
- Was Ist das Super Bowl? How international news outlets cover America’s unique festival of “commercials featuring animals and blue-collar sexist smut.”
- Flying Bear Kills Two Canadians in Freak Accident. Fortunately, they say this is pretty unusual. Even in Canada.
Just for Fun
- Football for Nerds (and some really interesting statistics)