- Are the Metro-Evangelicals Right? Andy Crouch (or his headline writer) coined the catchy term “metro-evangelicals” to describe the growing urban resurgence within American evangelicalism.
- Looking Ahead to 2013: What Should the Church Expect? If you do not make assumptions about the future, then you are not leading. Good leaders constantly assess the cultural climate. In other words, they do research. Good leaders are also willing to change their assumptions. In other words, they are flexible.
- We Wait Too Long to Train Our Leaders: Practicing anything mildly important, like say skiing or golf, without training is inadvisable. The fact that so many of your managers are practicing leadership without training should alarm you.
- Five Things You Should Know about Pastors’ Salaries: In many churches, the pastor’s salary is a quiet issue. There is a sense of discomfort from both the pastor and the members when the topic is broached. Such discomfort is unfortunate, however, because a number of churches will not seek every year to make certain the pastor is paid fairly.
Just for Fun
- Watch 300 movies in 7 minutes. Kind of. Filmography 2012 is a pretty amazing supercut of scenes from this year’s movies.