- What You Don’t Like About Your Church (And why that’s good): I often say to people and have preached in messages before this statement, “I don’t like everything in our church. And this is good, because if everything here was geared to what I like, it would be great for me, but not-so-great for the other members.” And so it is with you.
- The Seven People Americans Trust More Than Their Pastor: Who do people regard as the most honest and ethical person in their lives? New data from Gallup indicates that, for most Americans, the answer is not a pastor or clergyman; it’s a nurse or pharmacist.
- The Counter-Intuitive Calvin: Tim Keller reflects on what he’s learned from reading through Calvin’s Institutes this year.
- Sexual Freedom Always Curtails Other Freedoms: But there is no such thing as absolute freedom when it comes to sexuality. The moment we celebrate or endorse certain behaviors, we curtail freedom in other areas. This is the nature of freedom.
- ‘Tis the season for Top 10 lists. So here is Time Magazine’s Top 10 of Everything 2012.
- Beautiful Buildings Made from Ice and Snow. These are pretty impressive.
Just for Fun
- Here is this year’s mashup of popular pop songs. If you need a quick primer on pop music culture, this is for you.