- Religion in public schools: America is religious, but also illiterate of religion: America is famously religious, but also famously illiterate of religion. Only about half of Americans know, for example, that the Quran is the holy book of Islam or that the Dalai Lama is Buddhist. So why is Modesto School District the only one in the nation requiring students to take a world religions course?
- 10 Old Wives Tales about Church Growth: There’s a lot of discussion that goes on about church growth: what causes it; how to generate it; prepare for it; launch it; build it; cultivate it and even, to some degree, manufacture it. Many of the discussions are helpful, but there are a number of subtle beliefs that still creep up that aren’t healthy. In fact, they’re downright superstitious and, at times, dangerous to the church.
- Rob Bell Tells How ‘Love Wins’ Led to Mars Hill Departure: Former megachurch pastor Rob Bell, founder of Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Mich., recently shared how his 2011 book, Love Wins, led to a fallout with the congregation and forced him on a “search for a more forgiving faith.”
- Why the Lost Gospels Did Not Make the Canonical Cut: The rejection of “other” Gospels by the proto-orthodox and orthodox church was neither arbitrary nor merely political. The reasons for rejecting them were cogent and compelling.
- This month’s free audiobook from ChristianAudio.com is Bonhoeffer’s God Is in the Manger.
Just for Fun
- And I’m feeling good about myself if I get even a single strand of lights up on the house.