- Neuroscience: Under Attack: The problem isn’t solely that self-appointed scientists often jump to faulty conclusions about neuroscience. It’s also that they are part of a larger cultural tendency, in which neuroscientific explanations eclipse historical, political, economic, literary and journalistic interpretations of experience.
- Slow Down! A Different Perspective on Christ in the Old Testament: Are we at The Gospel Coalition a little too excited—misguided, even—about Christ in the Old Testament? Do we tend to champion typological readings at the cost of exegetical care?
- Scientists See Promise in Deep-Learning Programs: Using an artificial intelligence technique inspired by theories about how the brain recognizes patterns, technology companies are reporting startling gains in fields as diverse as computer vision, speech recognition and the identification of promising new molecules for designing drugs.
- The Church, the Gospel, and Violence against Women: Justin Taylor has an excellent roundup of posts recognizing yesterday’s International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- Tim Challies is keeping track of some Cyber Monday deals that might be of interest.
Just for Fun
- Google “house view” takes mapping technology to a whole new level.