- 8 Observations about Sacrificial Giving: Even though God didn’t need their stuff, he chose to use it. The work God does on earth is always facilitated through the gifts of his people. Think about when Jesus fed the 5000: he used a kid’s lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish. Clearly a God that could do that did not need the 5 loaves and 2 fish . . . as if he could not have pulled it off with 1 fish and a bread crust!
- Google’s Glass Castle: The Rise and Fear of a Transhuman Future: What if Technology gave us direct access to information, directly through our bodies? What if the world of information sat there on our pupil, ready for us to access with the twitch of an eye or the swipe of our finger?
- Is the “I Only Need Jesus!” Declaration Christian? Believing that all we need is Jesus is simply an incomplete theology and fails to understand Christianity and what it is that God teaches us about our life in him.
- Should You Quit Your PhD? You’ve been plugging away at your PhD for a while now, maybe a year, perhaps a couple of years. But you don’t seem to be making that much progress. The prospect of getting up in the morning to go to the university or to continue work on a chapter doesn’t thrill you the way it did during the first few months of your studies. But you force yourself to do it, because you have to, right?
- Kindle Deal: Tony Reinke’s Lit!: A Christian Guide to Reading Books, $3.99.
- Why Can’t We Tickle Ourselves? and answers to other great questions kids ask.
Just for Fun
- More quick and simple life hacks.