What does it mean to be made in the image of God? That’s the question we’ve been pursuing for a while now. And I think we’ve made some progress. We’ve explored quite a range of different answers, and we’ve seen why I think it’s primarily about God manifesting his presence through us. We’ve even looked at a few ways in which it makes a real, practical difference for how we view everyday life. The image of God isn’t just a theological “problem;” it’s a way of viewing the entire Christian life.
Although we could say a lot more about the image of God, it’s time to wrap things up. So I thought it would be good to compile all of the posts in this series in one place. So here you go.
Introducing the Image of God
- What Is an Image and Should I Care?
- 5 Reasons the Image of God Is Ambiguous
- 6 Things We Can All Agree on about the Image of God
Options for Understanding the Image of God
- Humans Aren’t Hamsters, But the “Image” Is More Than That
- “Image” Is a Verb: Finding the image in human function
- Sex Is Natural, Sex Is Good: Finding the image in human relationships
- When in Doubt, Pick “All of the Above”
An Attempted Resolution
- There’s a God in There! Moving toward a conclusion on the “image of God”
- Personal Presence: Another Step toward the Image of God
- The Image Is a Story