- Why Zombies Matter: Zombies are horrifying not simply because they’re mean and aggressive. They are horrifying because they represent what ought to repulse us: the rotting decay of death. But they still walk. And, beyond that, they still crave. In their search for human brains, they are driven along by their appetites, though always under the sway of a slavemaster’s will. That’s our story.
- The Hideous Inequality Exposed by Hurricane Sandy: In Manhattan, the storm revealed a city more economically divided than it has been in a decade.
- Technology Is Changing How Students Learn, Teachers Say: There is a widespread belief among teachers that students’ constant use of digital technology is hampering their attention spans and ability to persevere in the face of challenging tasks, according to two surveys of teachers being released on Thursday.
- 9 Lies the Media Likes to Tell about Evangelicals: So while there are certainly exceptions, I’ve identified nine common lies perpetuated by people in the media. Granted, there are enough vocal evangelicals to bolster each of these stereotypes, so the media isn’t completely responsible. But nuance is necessary here. Thus this post.
- Free audio book: What Is the Mission of the Church? is this month’s free download at ChristianAudio. own
Just for Fun
- Now that you have all those pumpkins laying around, here are ten excellent suggestions for destroying the. (Good look finding someone to help you with #3!)