- The Tyranny of Cultural Choice Is Making My Brain Gasp: These days we are endlessly bombarded with lists of ‘must-read’ articles and books, and reviews of ‘must-see’ box sets. It all makes me want to sigh: must I?
- Massachusetts Vote May Change How the Nation Dies: Why it matters that Death With Dignity is poised to become the new norm.
- The Famous Battle That Changed History: There aren’t many battles that changed history, and making this sort of claim for any battle may seem pretty melodramatic. But the events of October 28, 312 were melodramatic. On that day the Roman emperor Constantine defeated his rival emperor Maxentius, and in doing so found proof that he had made the right decision a few months earlier. That decision was to become a Christian.
- My year of biblical womanhood: Last year, I determined that I would live biblically as a woman. That is not news. I determined to do that every year of my life when I was converted at the age of 20. It has been uphill and downhill, depending on the year.
- Obama’s Skin Color Loses Him 2 Percent: That’s the finding from the new AP study, which shows no statistically salient difference between levels of blatant and latent racism since the last election.
- How Happy Are Clams? I’ve always thought this was the oddest saying.
Just for Fun
- Learn how to fight like a Viking.