- Your Talents Could Hurt Your Organization: The more talents and skills you have the more likely you are to take something from nothing to up and running. Talented people who can learn quickly, adapt and grow are the heart and soul of start ups. But unless you learn to let go of most of those things, the organization you serve, will not be able to grow beyond your incompetence level. Yes, incompetence.
- The Surprising Benefits of Theological Vision for Ministry: Many churches preach the gospel from the pulpit and therefore identify themselves as “gospel-centered.” But in some of them, staff relations, community, elder meetings, and the leadership dynamic are all based on fear, pride, and competition. The church may be a “gospel-preaching” church, but it is not a gospel-centered church.
- Where Have All the Adverbs Gone? And How Did They Go? They can make your prose shine more brightly but, sadly, they are in decline. It’s time to give adverbs a little love.
- Test Your Church: The questions are these: Is your church missional? How would you know? What are the elements that prove a church is missional?
- Here are 10 small group training videos from Mars Hill.