- http://marccortez.com/can-you-overdose-on-ambien/: Fifty years after “white flight,” a new population shift is emptying the pews of African American congregations.
- tamoxifen side effect: Exposure to nonstop negativity actually impairs brain function. Here’s how to defend yourself.
- Introducing New City Catechism: Historically catechisms were written with at least three purposes. The first was to set forth a comprehensive exposition of the gospel—not only in order to explain clearly what the gospel is, but also to lay out the building blocks on which the gospel is based, such as the biblical doctrine of God, of human nature, of sin, and so forth. The second purpose was to do this exposition in such a way that the heresies, errors, and false beliefs of the time and culture were addressed and counteracted. The third and more pastoral purpose was to form a distinct people, a counter-culture that reflected the likeness of Christ not only in individual character but also in the church’s communal life.
- Is the Sabbath Still Relevant? How else can we find quietness of heart in today’s world? If anyone has a more biblical (and more immediately beneficial) place to begin, I’m open. But raising hermeneutical objections to the Sabbath principle doesn’t in itself actually help any of us.
Just for Fun
- There’s nothing like a good cat fail to get the day started well: