- Skeptics Are the New Religious: In my experience, most skeptics today are not dogmatic atheists or jaded cynics, though some are. Most are seekers.
- Our Criminal Evangelical Silence: We all know that the dark ages are upon us again here in Africa. It is almost like a dark blanket that is slowly surrounding the land. People who know absolutely nothing of the core values of evangelical Christianity—the new birth, repentance and saving faith, justification and holiness, etc.—have hijacked evangelical Christianity in Africa. Even the term “born again” is being peddled without an iota of the meaning that Jesus had in mind when he used the phrase in his talk with Nicodemus. These are dark days indeed.
- Denying Advice You Don’t Like: Transformational leaders don’t start by denying the world around them. Instead, they describe a future they’d like to create instead.
- Why Catechesis Now? In the evangelical Christian world today the practice of catechesis, particularly among adults, has been almost completely lost. Modern discipleship programs are usually superficial when it comes to doctrine. Even systematic Bible studies can be weak in drawing doctrinal conclusions. In contrast, catechisms take students step by step through the Apostles’ Creed, the Ten Commandments, and the Lord’s Prayer—a perfect balance of biblical theology and doctrine, practical ethics, and spiritual experience.
- The Jonathan Edwards has released “ the official Works of Jonathan Edwards Online iOS App.” Definitely worth checking out.
- Why Do We Say “The Dog Ate My Homework”? The history of the delinquent schoolchild’s favorite excuse.
Just for Fun
- Check out this live action recreation of the Simpsons intro: