- Why Am I Back in Church? Over time, even members of a generation of iconoclasts, or self-styled ones, might one morning come to find themselves in the kind of a place where icons are revered, not smashed.
- Is Megachurch Worship Addictive? Scholars, including the coauthor of the recent study alleging that it creates a “high,” weigh in.
- Unhealthy Christian Organizations, Part 1: In recent months, I have run across several people in unhealthy Christian churches and organizations. Having worked in some such settings myself, I have seen patterns that led me to start thinking . . . and writing. Maybe that is not such a good idea, but I think it is an important one. The issue continues to grow and, although such organizations can actually do good, the harm they cause to many others is immeasurable.
- How to Think with the early Church about Disagreement: There is nothing like an election cycle to showcase disagreement at its most rancorous. How should Christians navigate the troubled waters of conflict, whether as parishioners, employees or citizens?
Just for Fun
- “Take 250 wine glasses, 30 liters of wine and 10 musicians – what do you get?” A pretty impressive orchestra.