- Life’s Too Short for So Much E-mail: This month alone, I received more than 6,000 e-mails….I have no desire to respond to even a fraction of them. I can just picture my tombstone: Here lies Nick Bilton, who responded to thousands of e-mails a month. May he rest in peace.
- Beyond the Brain: In the 1990s, scientists declared that schizophrenia and other psychiatric illnesses were pure brain disorders that would eventually yield to drugs. Now they are recognizing that social factors are among the causes, and must be part of the cure.
- Different Takes: Should We Abandon the Idea of Hell? Frank Shaeffer and Mark Driscoll offer different perspectives on whether Christians should still believe in Hell.
- The Tyranny of Algorithms: Do we want a world where a software program picks the next pop-music star and legal systems run on opaque pieces of code?
Just for Fun
- How to Think about Gravity. This one is both educational and fun.