- Oh, Behave! Conduct Worthy of the Gospel in Corporate Worship: We love to blame our neighbor, or the worship leader, for our inability to engage in corporate worship. But the deeper problem usually belongs to the one who is distracted. Few things are more hypocritical than showing up to a worship gathering of the Friend of Sinners and bellyaching that other sinners showed up too.
- Feed Your Mind a Balanced Diet: Too often we feed our minds with rubbish – intellectual donuts and coke. This might be pulp novels, gossip magazines, reality television shows, shock-comedy, poorly written or argued works, or simply those books and articles that propagate untruth. When we consume this type of material in quantity our minds become fat and sluggish.
- Ten Rules for Writers: Etgar sent us these 10 rules for writers, but they’re not really rules. They’re not things anyone else ever tells you about writing. They’re like his stories—not what you’re used to hearing and not the usual lessons, and you can’t stop thinking about them afterwards.
- Life Expectancy Shrinks for Less-Educated Whites in US: For generations of Americans, it was a given that children would live longer than their parents. But there is now mounting evidence that this enduring trend has reversed itself for the country’s least-educated whites, an increasingly troubled group whose life expectancy has fallen by four years since 1990.
Just for Fun
- Check out this impressive Lego Great Ball Contraption. Apparently it took around two years to build.