- The Myth of the Relevant Sermon: It is not the responsibility of the preacher to make the Bible relevant. Instead, it is the responsibility of the preacher to show his congregation that the Bible IS relevant.
- What’s Wrong with Self-Help Books? Journalists say they want to help people. So why do they sneer at self-help books?
- A More Religious World: God had a good convention: The Almighty’s name was mentioned (albeit at the last minute) in the platform at the Democratic National Convention. And He was invoked no less than 12 times in the Republican platform, in case He is keeping score. But the real news is that God is having a strong millennium, according to some fascinating poll results from the Pew Research Center.
- Kindle Deals of the Day. I have two great deals for you today. Walk with Me: Pilgrim’s Progress for Married Couples (free) and The Unwavering Resolve of Jonathan Edwards ($0.99). I haven’t read the book first yet, but it has some great endorsements. And Annie has been a regular reader for a while now. So let’s all check it out and support her work.
- If you haven’t been following the whole David Jang brouhaha, Timothy Dalrymple has an outstanding summary of what’s been going on. And now CT has a follow-up piece: The Second Coming Christ Controversy: More Leaders Speak Out.