- Why You Need a Creative Community: The myth of the solitary genius is just that, a myth.
- What “The Avengers” Can Teach Us about Identity: If the real you, the one at the core, is really the sinner, then it means that all this stuff you do – the daily battle of choosing good rather than evil, of seeking moral purity, of singing songs to the Lord – then all that is just a change in behavior. In the end, it’s only play acting. You know who the real you is. The evil down inside. And much as you want to behave better, you know you’ll always come back down to selfishness, greed, and all the rest.
- Steve Jobs, Back to School, and Why Doubt Belongs in Your Youth Group Curriculum: a common narrative emerged: When young people asked tough questions about God at church, often during elementary or middle school, they were told by well-meaning church leaders and teachers, “We don’t ask those sorts of questions about God here.”
- The Creativity of the Wandering Mind: New research suggests engaging in simple tasks that allow the mind to wander facilitates creative thinking.
- For SciFi fans, the 2012 Hugo winners have been announced.