- Ten Things about Church You Should Know (But No One Had the Guts to Tell You): There is no sin in making little mistakes of spelling or grammar. We all make them. But in case you wanted to know (you probably don’t), or in case you wanted to mention it gently to someone else (more likely), here are ten tiny things to keep in mind as you lead in worship, prepare the bulletin, or just converse about the church service.
- Permission to Sin: Why the 7 Deadlies Aren’t So Terrible After All: Scientists have found that the seven deadly sins aren’t all bad. Consider this your official permission to give in to temptation.
- Top Ten Things Augustine Contributed to Philosophy: While Augustine had no formal education in philosophy, he was nevertheless an intuitive philosopher with varied interests. He also left a deep and abiding influence on Western philosophical thought. (Read part 2 here.)
- Schools Make Room for Religion (USA Today): Fifty years after the U.S. Supreme Court banned official prayers in public schools, religion remains alive and well on school campuses.
- Here are some interesting comments on charitable giving in the United States.
Just for Fun
- For incoming college freshmen, Kurt Cobain has always been dead (and 75 other things to make you feel old)